The Tacoma was first introduced to the Toyota lineup in 1995 and we now we can’t image a world without it. Since its initial release the Tacoma became a popular midsize pickup option and it continues to get better and better each year, which is why it is one of America’s best-selling mid-size pickups. Today we’re going to look at what the 2017 Tacoma has to offer and how to continues to impress drivers year after year.
Does the Toyota Tacoma have a TRD version?
The Tacoma has been America’s best-selling mid-size pickup for 10 years running. Now the 2017 edition it here and it’s continuing what the new generation introduced last year. These features include the 3.5-liter Atkinson-cycle V6 engine that provides 278 horsepower. The Tacoma also has updated suspension tuning and a redesigned interior that is said to be the most comfortable and functional passenger cabin ever.
This year the Tacoma welcomes some more updates, including the new 2017 Tacoma TRD Pro. This new model offers exciting performance capabilities as well as added features for comfort. The TRD pro comes with leather-trimmed seating plus heated front seats.
The TRD model is also ideal for off-road adventures. The Tacoma TRD Pro Off-Road grade adds:
- 16-inch TRD black alloy wheels
- Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Kevlar-reinforced tires
- TRD-tuned front springs with a 1-inch lift
- TRD-tuned rear suspension with progressive-rate off-road leaf springs
- FOX 2.5-inch Internal Bypass shocks tuned by TRD
- TRD Pro aluminum front skid plat
- Rigid Industries LED fog lights
- Projector-beam headlights with black bezels, LED Daytime Running Lights and auto on/off feature
- Taillights with black bezels
- TRD Pro badge on front door with diamond-pattern knurled finish
- Black TRD Pro and 4×4 rear tailgate badging
- Standard V6 Tow Package
Related: Toyota Tacoma Towing Capacity
There are just a few of the exciting features available with the 2017 Toyota Tacoma. If you are interested in learning more, call or visit Ackerman Toyota. We will be able to answer any further questions you might have. We can even help you schedule a test drive here in St. Louis MO.