Many people might not know that traditional Oktoberfest celebrations actually take place in September, which means it’s already time to start planning which Oktoberfest you will be able to attend. Whether you are looking for traditional German food, beer or some great live music, we have found the best 2016 Oktoberfest events in the St. Louis area.
Urban Chestnut is hosting its sixth annual Oktoberfest in St. Louis Sept. 23-25 at the Midtown Brewery & Biergarten. The exact times are as follows:
- Friday Sept. 23 – 12 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Saturday Sept. 24 – 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Sunday Sept. 25 – 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
This year’s event is bigger than ever with more guest breweries and two full city blocks of space. The event offers German food, music and beer. Entry is free every day of the event. Sunday is family day at this festival, which means there will be a kids tent with cookie decorating, music coloring and more.
The Anhauser-Busch Brewery in St. Louis celebrates Oktoberfest from Sep. 17 to Oct. 3. Throughout the month visitors are invited to enjoy German-style beers and seasonal favorites with German food such as bratwursts and Bavarian pretzels. There will also be traditional German games, music and other entertainment. This celebration includes:
- Growler refill specials on Oktoberfest brands (prices vary)
- 20% off when you wear an Oktoberfest costume (some exclusives may apply)
- German Food menu
- Streaming music and live bands featuring local and German music Thursday through Saturday
- Beer School with Oktoberfest beers
- And more!
These are just a few of the local Oktoberfest celebrations taking place near St. Louis. If you need a way to get to all of these events consider investing in a vehicle from Ackerman Toyota. We will be able to find the perfect vehicle for all your fall excursions like the Toyota RAV4 or Tacoma.